Employing 2 dedicated Health and Safety personnel we are committed to ensuring our staff are kept safe in their workplace and are proud of our track-record.
As part of our commitment to operating a safe working environment Spencer Signs has over the last few years invested in this area to ensure we are fully up to speed with current legislation and to ensure we are operating in a safe manner. Undergoing a series of external audit processes to understand our dedication in this area we have become accredited to the Chas, Eurosafe and Safecontractor schemes for safe working.
Whilst these accreditations offer a yard stick in safe working practices here at Spencer Signs we are committed to continually improving our standards and have recently put many of our staff through the site supervisors training course operated by the CITB. We have included in this - site personnel, surveyors and contracts managers in order to develop an understanding across the business of safe site working conditions and requirements as we believe this needs to become part of the culture of our organisation and not just a badge for our site operatives to wear.
With further investment already in place developing more first aid, fire safety, asbestos awareness, PASMA, IPAF, CSCS and NEBOSH training planned in the importance of Health and Safety in our organisation can not be under estimated.
OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series
This standard gives clients assurance of our effective risk management procedures and full regulatory compliance. BH OHSAS 18001 will also:
- Demonstrate due diligence, good governance, low risk and a competent management that is committed to health and safety in the workplace
- Raise both the performance and morale of our employees, by promoting safer working environments and heightening adherence to our health and safety policy and procedure.
- Improve efficiencies in health and safety budgeting for costs such as training, ensuring that money is well spent and related to real needs of the organisation
ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems
ISO 14001 will reduce our waste and give us a smaller carbon footprint. Being ISO 14001 certified will provide a host of benefits, such as:
- Providing our business with the credentials to satisfy growing market demand
- ISO 14001 puts the environment at the heart of corporate culture
- Ensuring your business always adheres to regulation by improving environmental policies and objectives while constantly keeping up to date with the company's environmental impact
ISO 9001 - Quality Management System
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised standard for the quality management of businesses. It:
- applies to the processes that create and control the products and services an organisation supplies
- prescribes systematic control of activities to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are met
- is designed and intended to apply to virtually any product or service, made by any process anywhere in the world.
Safecontractor is a contractor accreditation scheme that assesses the health & safety competency of contractors. Many large organisations now use Safecontractor as their primary means of selecting contractors.
They capture a variety of information on contractors capabilities which will assist you when selecting a contractor for a new project or contract.
The Eurosafe UK CDM Competent Scheme is a health and safety assessment exercise based on the requirements of the CDM Regulations 2007 and other workplace related legislation.
Eurosafe UK assist clients in discharging their onerous duties relating to assessing the competency of suppliers they appoint to undertake work on their behalf. Under Regulation 4 of the CDM Regulations 2007 a client should not appoint consultants, contractors and individuals without first taking reasonable steps to ensure that such appointees are competent to perform their duties in a safe manner.
The CHAS health and safety assessment scheme is a pre-approval scheme to allow contractors to show potential clients that they meet the required health and safety standards.
The main purpose of CHAS is to avoid repeated applications by suppliers and contractors to become approved as local authority suppliers and to improve health and safety in small to medium sized businesses. Whilst the CHAS assessment scheme is a local authority and government backed scheme, it can be used by any organisation looking to short list suppliers and contractors and can save time and money for all parties.